WBUR’s BizLab is an innovation lab focused on testing new revenue models for public media. It is funded by WBUR*, the Lenfest Institute, the Corporation for Public Broadcasting, and the Knight Foundation. We have a collective belief that investing in innovation and experimentation is our best path towards identifying new revenue channels to sustain public media into the future.
We are looking for a part-time summer fellow who is available approximately 10-15 hours a week. The position is located in Boston.
This position will run from June to late August 2019 (timeline flexible).
- Managing social media accounts for WBUR BizLab (@WBURBizLab), including producing content and publicizing our monthly webinar series, station projects and relevant industry content
- Pitching and writing content for our blog
- Participate in and observe ideation workshops with our current stations
- Maintain and grow our mailing list in MailChimp and assist in producing content for our monthly newsletter
- Assist in other projects as needed by the program manager
Intern will gain exposure to:
- Public media and a multi-platform media organization
- Design thinking methodology and startup culture
- Innovative practices in organizational development
- Supporting teams across multiple NPR affiliated public media organizations across the country
- Interest in communication and media field required
- Experience with a media organization (college radio and newspapers count!) is a plus
- Enrolled in, or recent grad of a current relevant undergraduate program (communication, media studies, marketing)
- Graphic design experience/knowledge preferred
Submit your resume/CV and a cover letter to Lindsy Goldberg at email@example.com. Review of applications will begin on May 9th.
* WBUR is Boston’s NPR news station, reaching millions of weekly listeners with nationally-known programming and podcasts such as On Point, Here & Now, Only A Game, and Modern Love. It also ranks as the largest local newsroom in Boston; over 500,000 Boston listeners turn on 90.9 on each week.